Monday, 2 February 2015

determination is the power to keep believing

Today, for some of us or all of us may be a day of many days where we need a boost. Before you ask or make some ridiculous suggestion as an old teacher would say no! no! no! Its not a Boost as in a Cadbury's energy chocolate bar but a boost to help others amongst ourselves to stop being victims of dis-encouragement and having no belief-especially through difficult times.

One thing that has got my young self to keep on going is determination, something we should all have. Now when I come to think of it, the days of sitting in cold classrooms and a teacher moaning like no tomorrow about how the perspective of life can change for each individual as we leave school. Well, one thing for sure, she was bloody right!

Why did I choose this type of title for my first blog? Rhetorical question or not.  Determination is a powerful action word as a teacher once said. Trying to forget the primary school torture of learning about; adverbs, adjectives and nouns-they seem to be stuck in my conscience as if it were yesterday. Not drifting away from explaining the title choice-determination is something I have always had. I believe other should too.

There has been times in my past where some people like teachers at school which is a perfect example-a small minority-don't believe in their pupils. Little do they know, this has an affect on the pupil through progressing to a different level of the subject or when it comes to the old traditional setting of sitting the dreaded exams as if it were a trip to the local dole office. My point is if a child isn't believed in what they do with their childhood quite precious how is this going to effect them in later years? Thinking back of when some teachers didn't believe in me, you stop believing in yourself and loose believe-something I wouldn't want to experience again. However, I had a strong family and friends who believed in me when my career was hanging on a shelf (which sort of still is today) and they kept me going.

To evaluate this, (sounds like another blooming assignment for uni) you need to have the right people at the right time to support you when your needs have been identified. Even today, there are a lot (I mean a lot) of people who are struggling to makes their dreams be achievable. I don't want to bring Shamu the killer whale into this but believe and you will achieve. It breaks my heart to see young people ages with me and older people who sit about or have given up because they have either no hope, drive or encouragement. My advice is don't let anything get you down-especially people who think they are better than you. I know there would be people who would love to see me as a failure but I ain't giving up. Don't let people tell you that you're not good at something or pull you down. Don't let people think they are superior than you. I'm fighting for a future I believe in and want to provide for my future family.

No comments:

Post a Comment